Native American Incentive Program
Native American organizations and Native American-owned economic enterprises shall have the maximum practicable opportunity to participate in performing contracts awarded by Federal agencies. In fulfilling this requirement, the Native American Incentive Program allows an incentive payment equal to 5 percent of the amount paid to a subcontractor in performing the contract; if the contract so authorizes and the subcontractor is a Native American organization or Native American-owned economic enterprise.
What is the Native American Incentive Program?
- Implementing Regulation - FAR 52.226-7001.
- For actions after 13 September 2001, sub-tier contractors who subcontract to an Indian-owned firm are eligible for the incentive payments by the Prime inserting DFARS Clause 252.226-7001 in the contract.
- Provides for incentive payment of 5% of payments made by prime contractor to Native American subcontractors.
- Funds are not from program budget.
- Funding set aside under Indian Financing Act.
- No additional cost to program.
Who can qualify for payments?
- Available on all currently open qualifying DoD contracts with Native American subcontracts.
- Incentive payment available for all qualifying payments made under qualifying contracts - request can be retroactive.
Who can receive payment?
- Send claim to Contracting Officer.
- Contracting Officer submits claim to Agency Small Business Office.
- Agency Small Business Office processes payment.
- There is a POC at all Agency Small Business Offices for the Contracting Officer to contact to obtain information on how to submit claim for incentive payments.